We're building a cloud only product to manage legal and compliance processes to help companies tackle corruption, training, incidents and audits. Up until now, this has been a tedious process involving boring forms and armies of consultants with excel sheets. But we are changing that. At GAN we want to build beautifully designed software that is easy to use and does not require a manual.
How we work
We work agile. We experiment, iterate and adapt, but we also like to get it right the first time. We like to materialise prototypes fast, and work from there. We think making good software is complex, but often the complexity lies in what not to build. We like to keep things simple. We value quality and speed equally. We work on small squads that have the resources to get things done. We plan big blocks together in the whole team, and leave details and execution up to the smaller squads. We trust each other. Our products are built on the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular and Node.js).
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a Backend Developer who is ready to run with their own projects or even product. Our new senior developer should be a team player that likes code reviews and a good technical discussion.
You will be responsible for building out our cloud-only products that are built on the MEAN stack. In cooperation with product management and the engineering team you will help plan out the right architecture and approach to technically ship solutions that fit the product needs. You will provide technical information and input on how to best build out the products.
- Influence the overall architecture to build super-scalable software
- Develop high-level system design and low level technical design
- Help prioritize engineering projects against business targets and evaluate what can be executed with the available resources
- Develop, troubleshoot, debug and implement code for the GAN Products
- Work with DevOps team-members to ensure continued stability and performance
- Coach and mentor the developers in your team on personal and technical skills
- Initiate, implement and develop creative and innovative engineering processes and practices
- Help mature staging, testing and deployment systems to automate boring tasks
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and experience with code versioning tools. We use Git.
- Overview and understanding of the full-stack of technologies used in web applications (we use Angular, CSS3, HTML5 on the frontend & NodeJS, mongoDB, Express.JS on the backend)
- Understanding of DevOps work is a plus, more experience is a big plus
- Basic understanding of QA and test automation
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, but strong team-player and -leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English verbal and written proficiency, as English is our company language with 15+ nationalities in the office
- Competitive salary
- A real impact on the product and company’s growth and evolution
- Work with motivated colleagues who love their work
- Catered lunch, snacks and great coffee